First of all, why would you want a local Miami company instead of thousands of options out there? Simple, if you reside in Miami, there are 3 key points to consider:
- Convenience of meeting the people you are working with.
- Peace of mind because you know they have a reputation to protect
- Miami is bilingual, and so should your website be
Now, let’s talk about the options that you have based on your budget and expectations.
The following recommendations that you will find through the development of this article will be about regular eCommerce sites and standard websites. However, if you are looking for a personalized and complex solution with apps and so on, we suggest speaking with a specialist.
In order to build a website that satisfies your expectations and do not waste your time or resources, answer the following questions:
- What features do you want?
- What features are absolutely necessary?
We all want to drive a Ferrari, but we usually pick a vehicle depending on our budget and aspirations; the same applies to web pages. For instance, you might want an integration to a third-party software that can drastically increase your solution’s price, but it’s not really necessary at this point.
At this point, you need to define what features are absolutely necessary for your website depending on your aspirations and budget, so when you request a proposal, both the company and yourself be on the same page. You will avoid adding some integration that wasn’t necessary, increasing the site’s price significantly. That way, you will see how the prices will variate.
- What’s your budget?
- If you have $1000 or less and your website is around 5 sections with no complex features, you can go to Upwork.com and hire a freelancer.
- If you have a budget of around $2000, you can work with some small local agencies to put together a basic website.
- If you are looking for an e-commerce site, you can still get a solution on Upwork for around $2000.
- If you are looking for an e-commerce site, you can get local companies to help you to start around $4000.
Once you have narrowed down your options, let’s go over the 4 steps to validate you are working with the right provider:
- Step 1. Check their reviews on the online directories
- Step 2. Check their longevity, and if they have been in business for more than 3 years, the chances are that they are not going anywhere.
- Step 3. CMS, make sure that your site is built using a Content management system like WordPress. This way, you will be able to access and make changes, post content, and if you decide to work with another company, it will be easier to find people who know their way around this technology, saving time and money.
- Step 4. Marketing, make sure that they know how to do marketing. Because your website is your #1 salesperson and aesthetics are just a small part of the formula.
We hope this video gave you clarity on your web design provider options. Finally, if you liked this article remember to share your comments below. We love to read them!